Just three short years ago, a 40-year-old, long-standing event called Springtime in the Park was retired. This was a well-known and mostly well-regarded trade show hosted by ASAE.And yet ASAE, and specifically its leadership, knew it was time for a change—a fresh approach, a new start. So a new event was born: XDP, the Xperience Design Project.XDP has three primary objectives:
- To introduce a new event format for the association community from which to test new ideas and learn.
- To bring the business side of events and the planning side together in a new, collaborative fashion.
- To deliver a successful new event to the ASAE portfolio that expanded the audience and attracted a wider array of association professionals.
XDP 2019 will take place April 11-12, 2019, at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, and is projected to usher in the largest association professional audience of this event’s three-year history—a 60% increase from the inaugural year and more than double last year’s attendance. The attendee audience now represents 40 states and six countries, versus just four that attended Springtime. Over 70% of this year’s guests haven’t been to XDP before.And this year, XDP will have five new twists:
- It was designed as a true experience design project, led by a world-class experience designer and co-created by the entire association community.
- A behind-the-scenes narrative will be provided by this year’s host, Dan Klein, to give you insights into the what, why and how of the entire event.
- The educational programming is truly inspirational around the three constructs of Community, Experience and Strategy of meetings.
- Buyers and sellers of services will be able to engage in multiple environments, including learning, networking and experiential environments, to solve problems in a less transactional, more relationship-based way.
- New ideas, fresh thinking, innovation and what’s next will be on display in ways most of the audience won’t have seen before.
If you’re attending XDP this year, get ready for an experience that might change how you see events. If you haven’t registered, there is still time. Do it now—you’ll be glad you did.https://xdp.asaecenter.org/registration.cfmI hope to see you April 11-12 at the Gaylord National Harbor.